- Project: UTC Five LLC, student apartment complex.
- Location: 500 block of Lindsay Street.
- Developer: Walk2Campus Properties Inc., based in Rock Hill, S.C., which owns or is developing eight properties in Chattanooga.
- General contrator: GenTech Construction Co., in Chattanooga.
- Size: 64 apartments in two four-story buildings with a total of 54,429 square feet.
- Building permit value: $5.65 million.
- Rates and sizes of units: The complex will include one-bedroom apartments with an average of 555 square feet, which will rent for $835 a month, and two-bedroom units with 788 square feet that will rent for $1,200 a month. The average efficiency will include 420 square feet and rent for $750 a month.
- Description: The apartments will have brick and Hardieboard facades and a 28-space parking lot in between the two buildings. Sidewalks along the development will be redone with street lights and tree additions.
- Schedule: The new complex is scheduled to open by next summer in time for the start of UTC's fall term in 2016.
— Compiled by Business Editor Dave Flessner, [email protected] or 423-757-6340.